What's in a sustainably driven email marketing agency and how can it benefit your sustainably driven business?
Sustainable Email Marketing is a Thing
With sustainability being the #1 trend in ecommerce businesses, you may be searching for ways to take your sustainability practices and partners to the next level.
Let’s not talk supply chains and operations today, but rather dive in on the practice of email marketing and what it means to be sustainable in this space.
What is Sustainable Email Marketing?
Sustainable email marketing, like traditional email marketing, is the process of doing marketing to a brand’s email list—but backed by sustainability efforts. It’s not a well-defined term, as “sustainable” is a blanket term with a variety of definitions.
So, what makes it different?
Our standard of sustainable email marketing at Grab Digital has two components: the partner side and the service side.
The Partner Side
As an email marketing agency, the email marketing services we provide for sustainable clients are carefully selected. As in, the clients we work with have sustainable practices already implemented into their business model.
Here’s a non-exhaustive list of the types of sustainable brands that we would consider:
- 1% for the Planet member
- Guaranteed Fair Trade (World Fair Trade Organization)
- Fair Trade International (Fairtrade International)
- Leaping Bunny (Cruelty Free International)
- Certified B Corportation
- Carbon Neutral Certification (Carbon Trust)
- Carbon Trust Standard (Carbon Trust)
- Climate Neutral Certified
- Certified Carbon Neutral (Natural Capital Partners)
- Forest Stewardship Council Labels (Forest Stewardship Council)
- Rainforest Alliance Certified (Rainforest Alliance)
- Global Organic Textile Standard (Global Organic Textile Standard)
- Marine Stewardship Council Standards (Marine Stewardship Council)
- Worldwide Responsible Accredited Production (WRAP), Business for Social Compliance Initiative (BSCI), Social Accountability International (SA8000), and Fair Wear Foundation.
The list goes on…
The secondary benefit to this is that our team absolutely loves working with sustainably driven clients. Our entire mission is to help sustainably driven brands reach their marketing goals, so we have a deep understanding and mutual respect for brands that make the cut.
The Service Side
Unlike offering a product which requires raw materials, production lines, and warehouses, all our work is done digitally.
That in itself is already highly sustainable. However, in order to make our offering even more sustainable, we have two primary initiatives.
First, Grab Digital is a 1% for the Planet Member. We donate 1% of our gross revenue to helping wildlife across the globe.
Secondly, we are a member of 1% for the planet. We pledge to donate 5 trees for every unique email we send for our clients. Our goal is to be able to plant 3,000 trees for every employee in our company so that they can be carbon neutral.
Though sustainability has many avenues to travel down, these are the few that are measurable and feel great to accomplish for everyone involved!
Are You a Sustainable Business?
If you’re considering partnering with an email marketing agency with a passion and understanding for sustainability, book a call with us to see if we’re the right fit for your needs!